Hey guys! Been a long time since I started blogging as I’ve been so so caught up with work these past few months ): But today is an exception because I have something very special to share with you guys~ ezbuy and I are working together to bring you some good deals! Whoohoo!
If you don’t know what is ezbuy, don’t worry, I will break this blog post into 3 parts:
- What is ezbuy?
- How to use ezbuy? (Tips & Tricks)
- My Haul!
1. What is ezbuy?
ezbuy (formerly 65daigou) is a dedicated provider of professional online shopping services and has quickly rose to become Singapore’s first and largest overseas shopping platform.
So technically, if you know what Vpost is, ezbuy is similar in a way that it provides overseas addresses for China, Taiwan and USA where you can buy things that do not ship to Singapore directly or simply too expensive to ship directly. Things like Colourpop, Amazon or Taobao. So ezbuy is like the middle man that helps you re-package all the things you bought in that country, then deliver it to you in Singapore at the lowest cost by weight. I can say that ‘cause I’ve used Vpost’s services before, and really ah, ezbuy is so much cheaper that I am really so amazed by the prices okkk.
But besides just being a ‘shipping’ company, ezbuy knows how crazy we are about Taobao and actually goes 2 steps further by curating popular & quality products that we would buy and translating the listings for us into English!!!! For a person like me who is so lazy and my Chinese sucks right, (I really don’t know how I got by 6 months in Shanghai buying on taobao in Chinese back then. Lol.) this is really really awesomeee, and it completely takes away the stigma from buying lousy goods and scrolling through pages of Chinese reviews with my google translate open. Hahaha. #thestruggleisreal
2. How to use ezbuy? (Tips & Tricks)
First of all, you can either go to their webpage www.ezbuy.sg or download the ezbuy(65daigou) App on the Google Play Store or App Store!
Then if you register under this link: bit.ly/phoebephilo65,
you can get Free $10 ezbuy Shopping Credits with no minimum spending and no strings attached!! So shiok right. And I didn’t sign up under any referral link when I first started and missed out on this. Ughh.
Personally, I browse on the app much more often because most of my notifications are received on my phone, like when my parcels have reached Singapore, when to pick up my parcel and where etc. So I definitely recommend downloading the app.
So how to buy? (Click on images to enlarge)
There is 2 ways to buy things from Taobao through ezbuy.
- If I have something in mind, like I found a page on taobao already, I can just paste the URL of the page in the Search bar on the ezbuy app Home page and add the item to your cart or favourite it!
- But if I have nothing in mind, my favourite place to go is to the Trending Now section in the Home page, then I’ll scroll through the categories till I come to one which I’m interested in eg. Modern Stationary.
- So if you click SHOP ALL, you can see all the items that the peeps of ezbuy have lovingly curated under that category for your easy browsing!
- Then if I want to buy an item, within the product page I will click on the COLOR/SIZE/QTY, select the Size I want and ‘Add it to Cart’ or click on the Heart Icon to add it to my favourites list. Very useful if you like something but don’t want to buy it now. Heh.
- Clicking on the cart icon next to the ‘Add to Cart’ button will show you what’s in your basket and the total amount it costs.
- When you’re done with collating all the items you want to buy, click on ‘Next’ and it will lead you to the Summary page where you can choose your Delivery Method. I work in an office at Paya Lebar Square so I like to choose the ‘Free Collection Point -MRT Station’ option!
- At the bottom, you will see 3 prices, and you might be confused (I was too), what is the Agent Fee thing? It’s a fee that ezbuy charges when you buy things under the ‘Buy-for-me’ section. Technically everything you buy through the ezbuy app is under ‘Buy-for-me’ if it isn’t under Prime (we will talk about Prime in the next post!).
- TIP: But guess what, several times a month, ezbuy will have a few days that there is FREE AGENT FEE!!! So if you shop during that period, you really don’t have to care about this agent fee thing. Hehee.
How to Pay?
- Then after you click on ‘Pay’ your orders will be confirmed, and this is the tricky part. Your orders have been confirmed but why isn’t there any payment mode?
- So what you need to do is go to your Account page on the Home screen, bottom right there’s an icon called ‘MINE’, click on ‘Payment’ in your account page and you can top up credits into your account to pay off your items through the various payment modes.
- ezbuy recommends topping up the exact amount so its easier to calculate! For eg. If your items’ total cost is $14.71, then top up $14.71 into your credits.
- Then all you need to do now is wait for your parcel to arrive and they will notify you each time the parcel reaches the China warehouse or Singapore, so that you can select a Pick Up date and time! Simple dimple (:
3. My Haul!
So we’ve finally come to my favourite part which is the things that I’ve bought through the curated ‘Buy-for-Me’ categories on ezbuy!
I wrote about my first haul on my dayre but this one is a more recent one! Each item is linked to their specific page if you’d like to get them (: (Click on image to enlarge!)
It came just as how it looks online! I don’t really need this for work, but I bought it more for travelling when I need somewhere to put all the documents like air tickets or hostel bookings, brochures etc.! The grey is so pretty and I especially love the pattern on the inner pocket. Hee.
S$0.63 per book
Because nobody can have enough notebooks! And yes, I’m a guilty notebook hoarder, and since I was using up my current one in the office, thought I will get a few more! And omg aren’t these marble ones so pretty??? Actually I was never really a fan of marble, but danggit, social media has gotten into me. I just think it looks classy with anything and can go no wrong.
S$2.35 per book
And…. more notebooks. Ahhahaa. This one is a thicker one without lines and again, looks gorgeous. And look at the price man, a book sold like that in Naiise would easily cost $16 I kid you not. So it’s $2 for one? I shall buy three. LOL.
Not sure why there isn’t an English name on this item, so I google translated it. Ahhaha. Anyway, on taobao, this was marketed as a pen holder sorta thing. But I was thinking how I’ve had quite many lippie stix (yes Colourpop did it to me) and didn’t really have anything to store them somewhere that I can see and use often. So when I saw this, I thought it was perfect! It also matches my Muji frosted drawers in my toilet as well. So it’s a win win!
Total Cost of Items + $6.76 Shipping = $23.98!
Not bad right?! Its sooo easy to buy cheap & useless things on Taobao, so I made sure to only buy things that I’m certain I will use. And thanks to ezbuy my orders all came very quickly (2-3 weeks max!) and in one piece, packaged very very well. Nothing I’ve gotten so far has been broken or even defective, so really kudos to them ^.^ I’ve also used their service repeatedly for buying Colourpop and stuff from USA, and the shipping price has really been on the low side, about $2-7 (depending on weight) so I’ve been very pleased with my experience so far!
So if you’d like to sign up and try ezbuy out, do use this link bit.ly/phoebephilo65 to get yourself $10 off anything alright! Also, I’ll be giving away a $50 ezbuy Credits Voucher to ONE very special person once there are 50 registrations!
Steps to qualify:
- Register an account through the link stated above!
- Follow me on my Instagram account @phoebe.philo
- In IG, DM me your email so I can connect your IG account to the registration for a fair draw!
(ps. Only applies to those in Singapore unfortunately.)
Hope this post was able to help you guys, and if you have any questions, just ask them in the comment box below and I will try to answer them as best as I can. Buy away!!